Friday, July 23, 2010

Loss, Death, and What is to Follow....

I am always saddened when I hear the passing of one of our community that was younger than I and that seemed to come from out of nowhere.

It always makes me step back and take a moment to take in the life that I have and to be grateful for being able to still be on the crazy ride and still on 'this' journey. I am amazed that in one hand death scares me, but in the greater scheme of things....it excites me. As a scientist I am always questioning things, and the biggest question is what happens upon death and after. Is this just the end of one journey and the beginning of another or is this all that is offered. What it does is show us that we need to live in every moment, to always be in the present, and to live life to the fullest. Because like my friend, it call all come to an end at any time and without any warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers