Saturday, July 17, 2010

Giving Back to the Community and Society

I have been feeling this urge and need to start giving to back. I believe that I have gained some vital skills that will be useful. I want to start thinking about how I can encourage people within society that they can make big changes with several small contributions. Taking a minute to pick up the loose garbage around your block.
If you take a moment and increase the presence of the neighbors and residents it has been shown to curb some of the undesirable elements. It also helps to deter criminal activity and make the area safer for all the residents. And all that is needed is to be seen. I will display several studies that has shown this in action. There are also several city and state grants that offer monies for residents to beautify their neighborhoods. Some simple work and time is all that is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers