Monday, August 23, 2010

Birthday...

Yesterday was the passing of my 38th birthday. Still hard to believe that I am coming up on 40. I sure don't feel like it. Overall it was a good day. Didn't do anything to special, just they usual daily stuff. At least I got my birthday wish. Shando and I got a great apartment in a great building. We are looking forward to finally having a place to ourself. I am excited that I get to start decorating and buying new furniture and will have a kitchen in which I can cook.

Today is Shando and I's 4 year anniversary. Again, another date that I cannot believe is here and that 4 years has already gone by. We aren't planning anything special for the celebration. We have decided to use our financial resources to furnish the apartment and use our time to getting things ready for the move.

Lastly, it has been 25 years since my grandmother, Bernice Young, passed. I still miss her today as much as I did the year she passed. She was and is my inspiration. Her bravery, independence, and strength I admire and try to live my life as she did. I wish she was around to see my accomplishments, but I think that somewhere, somehow, she is watching. She will always be a part of me, and I will pass on her legacy to my kids when that time comes.

1 comment:

  1. I love you so much and can't wait for more accomplishment for both of us.

    ReplyDelete

Followers