Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cursed Blessingssss

1:03PM and I sit here in the library at CCSF after another uneventful ASL class. I decided to take a gander at the tables of the different schools that are here today, with hopes of narrowing down my choice for where I would like to transfer.

Being here at CCSF has been a relatively simple process. One great thing about unemployment is that when it comes to paying for tuition, I basically don't. I fall under a poverty class that it turns out that all my tuition and class fees are waived and basically I attend school for free. Good thing is that it allows me and also encourages me to focus and dedicate my time to giving 110% to my studies and maintain a 3.75 GPA. The bad thing, and some of what I sacrifice is any influx of cash. Which leads me to worrying and sleepless nights wondering weather I am going to have rent. But it always comes through, and with Shando being a huge support and encouragement, it does help to alleviate some of the stress.

Returning back to my decision making. Here are some of the schools I am considering and why....

Stanford......not much more to say other than the #1 school in the country for psychology.
Berkeley.....#4 or 5 school in the country and an overall great cognitive psych program.
Santa Cruz...there is a professor that is doing research in the field I am really interested in...so it would be an awesome experience being able to work with him.

That is about it. If I was single there would be several other schools I would be interested in. But trying to convince Shando to move to the East Coast would be impossible.

Ok....so that I don't overthink this issue, I am going to do some research on the PCT and possibly spending a month hiking it in June 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers